Global Atlas 2.0
IRENA, CENER (Spain), DLR (Germany), Masdar
Institute (UAE), NREL (USA) and MINES ParisTech (France) are very
pleased to announce the release of Global Atlas 2.0. This new version
features maps for solar, wind, geothermal, biofuel and marine energy, and includes new functions and tools such as:
- Map gallery: Search maps by keyword, location or source
- Infopicker: Access data, tools and country profiles from REsource – IRENA’s Knowledge Gateway
- Catalog search: Search for more data by name, location, keyword or data quality (beta)
- Universal data viewer: Solar and wind graphs and charts in one click. Data can be downloaded
- User feedback: report your user experience to IRENA
- Share: share maps and values with your network
The Global Atlas initiative is coordinated by IRENA with support from
67 countries and an international consortium of data and expertise
All existing user profiles and maps in the current platform will remain active in the new application.
Array of IEM© Integrated Energy Modules by Ascent Systems Technologies equipped with irradiation and other sensors collecting real-time environment data will provide pinpoint accurate solar, wind and other resource information complementing or directly contributing to the Global Atlas.